Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Absolute Future (Blog Post #16)

Out of all the skills I have acquired, I cannot wait to display my new tech skills. I have always been interested in working in depth on computers and I am eager to show off what I have learned.
I am excited and concerned regarding how much work I will be assigned. I am excited to finally go out and show what I can do and I and concerned that the work might be overwhelming or I am not prepared for it.
I hope that my maturity and work ethic are recognized and appreciated in my new work environment. I felt that while in Year Up, my role as a student pigeonholed me into the position where I wasn’t kept in the loop of a lot of things and simply, not treated like an adult. I hope I do not experience this at my internship.
Whoever my manager may be, all I hope is that he or she is trusting and does not feel the need to micro-manage. I have worked in places where I have been micro-managed and I did not feel comfortable or able to succeed.
I plan to make a great impression on my manager and the rest of the staff at my internship, to where it influences them to consider me an asset. I hope to get a job offer after my internship is over. If I do not have that opportunity, I plan on returning to school full-time while taking advantage of Year Up’s resources to search for a new career.

No comments:

Post a Comment