Monday, December 5, 2011

"How Would You Like to Pay for That?" (Blog Post #11)

Working at Best Buy could possibly be the best job I ever had. It should be made cognizant that positive and negative experiences collaborated to make my time at Best Buy memorable. I worked in the Mobile Phone department, and my primary responsibilities consisted of sales, consultations, repairs/maintenance, and all while providing the best customer experience possible. What I enjoyed the most was being able to help people. The job was more than just selling mobile phones; it was providing people with the best solution to meet their needs.
I was often sought after by customers and developed a sound clientele because of my ability to provide honest, non-bias, and thorough solutions. During my time there, I learned how to read people via their body language as well as verbal language. I also learned how to properly listen to people and what to specifically accomplish in order communicate successfully. Because of these skills, I acquired an immeasurable amount of patience. I also discovered the absolute value of honesty and how it can culminate a trust between complete strangers. Best Buy was my opportunity to establish myself and further my development as a person.
Not all experiences at Best Buy were positive. In several occasions, my character as a trustworthy salesmen and a tactical problem-solver were questioned by customers, simply because I still had to put my company’s priorities before theirs. In other words, I did not enjoy having to coerce people into buying additional and mostly unnecessary products and services with their original purchase. I had to be constantly reminded that Best Buy is a business, and in order to be a successful one, we needed to make sure that all our customers were recommended every, and any, additional solution. My inability to conform was perhaps the motive for my inevitable departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment