Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"Attitude Reflects Leadership" (Blog Post #12)

To be internship-ready means to exemplify successful qualities naturally. A person who is ready for success will always be on time and they will most definitely be early, because the person who is early will always be prepared and organized. Organization refers to time management, as well as scheduling, and file management. A person who has their files, documents, and assignments filed properly will always be on top of things and will be the first person considered for more responsibilities. When you are internship-ready you will be the type of person who is driven and shows initiative when it comes to potential opportunities. They don’t wait for chances to come, they go looking for them.
For the next module I will own the qualities I already have and continue to hone them. Rather than putting the majority of my focus on the traits I am already excelling in, I am going to concentrate of the growth areas that I have been given by my advisor, my peers, and my own self-assessment. I have demonstrated that I have a good ability to learn but I need to find a method that will allow me to become a better teacher. I want to be able to help my peers by bestowing my newly acquired knowledge onto them in a way they can learn the material and I can reassure my understanding.
I have been given feedback instructing me to relax a little more often when it comes to our class. I tend to take my work more serious than necessary and that might give the impression that I am unapproachable, which is the opposite of what I’d like to accomplish. I feel that I have pretty positive attitude when it comes towards Year Up, but I need to show more positive energy when it comes to the class and I want it to be infectious. Taking transportation that will get me to class 30 minutes before it starts, and completing assignments immediately after they’re assigned, are routines and methods that have been working for me and I will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment